This short guide will show you how to activate Office Long-Term Servicing Channel. The activation process for Office LTSC (Long-Term Servicing Channel) for multiple users generally involves using Volume Licensing, which is suitable for organizations that need to deploy Office to multiple users within their network.
Here’s a general overview of how the activation process might work using a Volume Licensing key:
1. Receive Volume Licensing Key: Upon purchasing the licenses, you receive a Volume Licensing Key (VLK). This key allows to activate multiple copies of Office LTSC.
2. Volume Activation Tools: Microsoft provides tools to manage and deploy software across their network. These tools allow administrators to deploy the Office installation files and activate the software using the VLK.
3. KMS or MAK Activation: There are two common methods for activating Office using Volume Licensing:
– Key Management Service (KMS): Organizations set up a KMS server within their network. This server then handles the activation requests from Office installations. Once a certain threshold of activations is reached, the KMS server automatically activates Office on the client machines.
– Multiple Activation Key (MAK): The MAK activation method involves manually entering the VLK on each individual machine during the installation process. This method is suitable for smaller deployments.
5. Activation and License Management: Once activated, Office LTSC copies use the Volume Licensing Key to confirm their legitimacy. Volume activation tools can be used to monitor and manage the activation status of their Office installations.
You can find more on information on Microsoft’s official website.