“Microsoft Office LTSC” (Long-Term Servicing Channel) is a version of Microsoft Office that is designed for specific scenarios where organizations require a stable and unchanging version of the Office suite over an extended period without the regular feature updates that come with other Office 365 or Microsoft 365 subscription plans.
In contrast to the more common subscription-based Microsoft 365 plans, which receive regular updates with new features and improvements, Microsoft Office LTSC is intended for specialized environments, such as regulated industries or government organizations, where consistent and predictable software behavior is critical.
Here are some key points about Microsoft Office LTSC:
1. **Stability and Security:** LTSC versions of Office focus on providing a stable and secure productivity suite. They receive security updates, but new features and enhancements are limited or not included at all.
2. **No Cloud Services:** Unlike Microsoft 365 subscription plans, Office LTSC does not include cloud-based services such as OneDrive storage, Exchange Online email, or SharePoint Online collaboration tools.
3. **Licensing Model:** Microsoft Office LTSC is typically licensed on a per-device basis, which means one license is required for each device on which it is installed. It’s important to review the specific licensing terms and conditions associated with LTSC products.
4. **Release Cycle:** Office LTSC versions are released every few years, and they are supported for an extended period, usually for about 5 years of mainstream support followed by 5 years of extended support.
5. **Limited Feature Updates:** The focus of LTSC releases is on stability and security. New features and functionality that are regularly introduced in Microsoft 365 subscription plans may not be available in the LTSC version.
Keep in mind that Microsoft’s product offerings and licensing models can evolve over time. Therefore, it’s a good idea to check the latest information directly from Microsoft’s official website or other reliable sources for the most up-to-date details on Microsoft Office LTSC.